Director of SEO
We aim to be the leading charter bus platform in the world and are looking for talented and ambitious people that want to be along for the ride! We are disrupting the massive and highly fragmented bus industry by using our proprietary technology to seamlessly connect bus companies to customers (businesses, non-profits, and governments). By promoting group travel, we can reduce the transportation industry's carbon footprint and help make our planet greener. We are achieving success by delighting our people, our customers, and our bus partners.
About this role
CharterUP is seeking a highly talented, forward-thinking Director of SEO who can build on our current success in organic search. We understand the value of SEO and allocate significant resources for SEO initiatives. This position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer and will be provided whatever tools, budget, and personnel are needed to be successful.
What you’ll do
- Plan, develop, and implement our SEO strategy across all brands.
- Collaborate with content, developers, and marketing teams to implement strategies.
- Stay up to date with the latest SEO and digital marketing trends and best practices.
- Execute complex SEO deliverables (technical analysis, keyword strategy, backlink analysis, etc.) and other deliverables as needed.
- Site audits and SEO strategies: On-site audits and recommendations for website errors, structure, speed, functionality, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of recent Google algorithm updates.
- Strong experience with industry tools (Google Analytics, Search Console, Moz, SEMrush, Ahrefs, DeepCrawl, etc.)
- Analyze competitors to identify opportunities and risks.
- Understanding of E-A-T.
- Understanding of Core Web Vitals.
What you’ll need
- 7+ years of experience in SEO-focused roles preferably with a mix of in-house and agency experience.
- Self-directed and able to work independently with minimal direct supervision, but recognize the value of contributing in a team environment.
- People skills - the right candidate will be able to encourage and mentor junior team members, and speak comfortably to designers, developers and executives.
- A curious mind. There is always something new to learn and the right candidate understands the value of taking time each week to increase their knowledge and encourages others to do the same.
- Experience working on a variety of different sites in different industries.
- Experience in user research, and understanding of how design, layout, and content drive user behavior.
- Local SEO experience is a plus.
- Experience with link building is a plus.
- Successful experience leading, managing, and developing people.
CharterUP employees have the option to work remotely (even in the "post-COVID" timeframe) full-time or in a hybrid model out of one of our physical offices in New York, San Francisco, Atlanta, or Austin. For this role, there would be in-person training with our CMO. This training would be in Atlanta in the first ~1-2 weeks of the position.
At CharterUP, we don’t compromise on quality. We hire smart, high-energy, trustworthy people and keep them as motivated and happy as possible. Do that by adhering to our principles, which are:
- Customer First
- We always think about how our decisions will impact our clients; earning and keeping customer trust is our top priority
- We are not afraid of short-term pain for long-term customer benefit
- Create an Environment for Exceptional People
- We foster intellectual curiosity
- We identify top performers, mentor them, and empower them to achieve
- Every hire and promotion will have a higher standard
- Everyone is an Entrepreneur / Owner
- No team member is defined by their function or job title; no job is beneath anyone
- We do more with less; we are scrappy and inventive
- We think long-term
- Relentlessly High Standards
- We don’t accept “that’s how it’s always been done”; we constantly innovate and question established routines to improve processes
- We actively push to be proved wrong and welcome different ideas; the best idea wins
- We don’t compromise on quality
- Clarity & Speed
- When in doubt, we act; we can always change course
- We focus on the key drivers of a process that will deliver the most results
- Mandate to Dissent & Commit
- We are confident in expressing our opinions; it is our obligation to express our disagreement
- Once we decide, we enthusiastically move together in the agreed upon direction