Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Cloud Dev Ops
We help promote environmentally friendly group transportation by connecting passengers and bus operators and creating an awesome online charter bus booking experience. We are taking on a large ($15B annually in the US and Canada) and antiquated industry, where bookings still mostly take place offline, with the goal of becoming the leading online charter bus platform in the world.
We are experiencing a period of hyper-growth as the charter bus industry has fully recovered from the impact of the pandemic. We are headquartered in Atlanta, GA, but operate a fully remote work environment.
About The Role
We are looking for a technically gifted and entrepreneurial Senior Infrastructure Engineer to own our cloud infrastructure and create a super high-performing, stable, and secure environment for all of our applications, using the latest technologies and best practices.
This is an opportunity for an experienced individual to apply all of his/her current and future knowledge to make a huge impact on our business and our customers. We are building some awesome products and deeply understand the value of having a stellar infrastructure and talented people to create and continue to improve it.
You will be working with our CTO and our top-notch team of developers, taking the lead on all things infrastructure and performance. Our customers rely on us to book complex charter bus trips, and our suppliers count on our software to help them smoothly run those trips. Think multi-day, multi-destination trips involving several buses at a time, and imagine the possibilities! We're making it all happen at CharterUP.
Our team employs Agile methodologies and is quick to adapt, using a wide range of languages and tools. Our latest products are finely crafted weblications that allow passengers to discover and book buses while empowering operators to manage their business smarter and reach more customers.
We believe in exceptional user experience and in showing up to code. Our industry provides plenty of challenges, and your contributions will be recognized and appreciated, while your skills will be sharpened.
Our stack includes AWS, Jenkins, Terraform, Kibana, ElasticSearch, MySQL, MongoDB
- $100,000 to $160,000 depending on experience
- Material equity grant
What You'll Need
- You are a devOps engineer that loves to be hands-on, leading the charge on complex projects
- You have a deep understanding of infrastructure design/architecture concepts and best practices
- You've earned a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar STEM degree from a top-ranked institution
- You have 5+ years of experience as a devOps engineer
- You are experienced in building and deploying on AWS using their suite of managed services
- You are experienced with infrastructure as code using Terraform
- You have the ability to quickly develop expertise in any part of our tech stack where you have limited experience
What You’ll Do
- Guide teams in designing, building, testing and deploying changes to existing software
- Enhance the company’s IT infrastructure security protocols
- Maintain and improve the company’s cloud infrastructure
- Identify manual processes that can be automated
- Collaborate with a team to develop our next generation travel platform
- Develop tooling and processes to benefit and grow our team
- Mentor junior engineers
- Post pandemic, CharterUP will open optional, satellite hybrid offices in Atlanta, New York City, San Francisco, Austin, or Miami, where employees come in 2 or 3 times a week in during spring and fall (everyone is fully-remote during winter and summer)
- Employees always have the option to live any city they choose
- Online application
- Initial intro interview
- Team interviews
- Technical evaluation
At CharterUP, we don’t compromise on quality. We hire smart, high-energy, trustworthy people and keep them as motivated and happy as possible. We do that by adhering to our principles, which are:
- Customer First
- We always think about how our decisions will impact our clients; earning and keeping customer trust is our top priority
- We are not afraid of short-term pain for long-term customer benefit
- Create an Environment for Exceptional People
- We foster intellectual curiosity
- We identify top performers, mentor them, and empower them to achieve
- Every hire and promotion will have a higher standard
- Everyone is an Entrepreneur / Owner
- No team member is defined by their function or job title; no job is beneath anyone
- We do more with less; we are scrappy and inventive
- We think long-term
- Relentlessly High Standards
- We reject the status quo; we constantly innovate and question established routines
- We are not afraid to be wrong; the best idea wins
- We don’t compromise on quality
- Clarity & Speed
- When in doubt, we act; we can always change course
- We focus on the key drivers that will deliver the most results
- Mandate to Dissent & Commit
- We are confident in expressing our opinions; it is our obligation to express our disagreement
- Once we agree, we enthusiastically move together as a team